Sunday 11 October 2015

                     
                       The Importance of Education by Ryan Bicheranloo  - COLOUR PLAY

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).


For the colour representation of the themes of this film I had chosen black and white to represent the bleak stage of the students life but would make use of both audio and visual working together. When the narrator says  ''After turning my life around, colour finally came back into my life'', I would transition from black and white to colour visually which was an idea which was influenced by the great Quinton Tarantino's film 'Kill Bill Volume 1' where the dark and negative parts of the woman's life from the past is shown in black and white but when it shows her in the present time where she is now coming to a point where she knows what she is going to do about her bad situation, it is shown in colour. 










During my research into why colour is so important in film and how it can affect our moods I came across this video which I felt gave me a great insight into the values of different colours and how they can be used to nicely manipulate how the audience feels in different situations according to what particular feeling or emotion I want to bring out in my audience through the use of colour. 







I also now have a fellow student Catherine Alice Porter who has stepped in to assist me and help me in whichever area I ask of her and I will also be helping out on her projects. This will help to gain credit for team work experience within this project. I do believe that I will receive further result with teaming up with two more groups in order to meet the requirement to be able fulfill team work areas of this assignment.


I have had several discussions with Catherine Alice Porter about my project and she said that she would be up for doing some acting in my film to help contribute to the casting side of the production as well as the practical aspects of the production such as camera works with me and booking out any rooms or equipment that we may need to use.  


However, in terms of target audience for my film, I have decided that based on a conversation with my tutor for this unit that it would be a wiser decision to have this film to be targeted towards film festivals and upon my research I personally feel like a specific film festival that this film would be well suited for would be the 'London Short Film Festival' rather than bigger organisations as it is exactly what film festivals would appreciate (e.g: a short film with a meaningful story). 

No comments:

Post a Comment