Sunday 18 October 2015

The Importance Of Education - Short Motivational Film - Graduate Project POST 3
                                              ACTORS and DIRECTORS

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).

I have now began casting for the film and contacted Becki Hyland who works with children's Television and felt she would be an interesting contributor for the graduate project I am working on. I have also began taking a bigger look at my project and have decided to try to make this film as realistic as possible by not over using montages of scenes to show a sense of the passing of time and in other words I would focus more in actually creating the scenes and will be interested in showing some drama style dialogue.


I felt that the student should fail his education officially before the bad things in his life really take a big swing at him for negative impact to exaggerate his sorrow and regret when he sees that his education is gone and so are the people who were supposed to be his friends.

I have placed advertisements on the University Facebook pages and begin have more in depth conversations with people from my class and other classes and fish out some keen performers and actors from the arts department not only in the University but keen actors from wherever I can find them.  I will be doing a lot of asking around to find interesting characters who I feel will reflect upon the protagonists character.


Personally I see this project as a great chance to develop my auteur skills as a film director and also look back over previous films I have been in or created and see if I can spot any common links that are always common in any stories I write.

I researched the affect of auteur theory and began to see what types of trade marks and signatures different directors use. One of the videos I found interesting was this one which is regarding the origins of auteur theory which shows how people judge a film from both perspectives of what it is and from a auteur experience scanning to see if the director is showing the type of signature style that audiences have come to expect from them.





I have learned that there is a strong feeling in my heart for people who have been mislead in life by distractions just like in the Pinocchio story where he gets distracted from his school and responsibilities when he believes that the wolf and weasel are going to take his gold coin and plant it in a 'magic tree' to grow many gold coins.  



No comments:

Post a Comment