Sunday 3 January 2016

                             The Importance of Education - 3rd January 2016

                                    A New Character Enters The Story

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).

This week I have had an extra male actor apply for a role in the film. Originally he wanted the part but was unable to do it but has now come back for the role so to improve my film even further I have made it possible for him to be in the film by adding to the script a new character which is the mysterious person who will be watching the student's behaviour from a distance and warns him that he his going to get hurt because Camilla (the student's love interest) is not a straight forward girl and will mess with his mind and heart to which the student will get angry with this person and ask him to keep his thoughts to himself but will later come to realise that this person was right.

I have added this to the call sheet and will film this extra scene at the Bournemouth University grounds and I feel that this project is getting better all the time and we now have a bigger cast from what originated as just me has now resulted in a full cast of five people.


Transport fees have been now made available for me on request and I will be getting the permissions sorted out for the filming this week as soon as I hear back from my tutors. I have been doing extra practice with Adobe Premiere Pro and have learned how to successfully edit and produce high quality exports without fail.  I used to struggle with this as it is different from other editing software I used in the past.  There has been some delays in the production stage as things don't always go as smoothly to plan as hoped but it is still very much under my control.

The storyboards for the cut shots for my actors are now ready and will enable me to direct each member of our cast whilst making an appearance in the film myself also. The script for the new characters dialogue has also been prepared and has been included in to the main script.


The soundtrack has had a few new tweaks to it as I changed a few of the instruments from guitar to strings as I feel that the strings instrument in some areas of the music creates a more dramatic and cold feeling whereas I noticed that guitar can be quite a warm sounding and comforting instrument which I felt should be changed because the nature of what is happening in my story is more cold and sorrowful rather than warm and comforting.

Evidence of the conversations and agreements between me and the actors can be made available to tutors from me on request as evidence of development and progress with the project along with the scripts or any other desired or requested piece of written documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment