Sunday 27 December 2015

                               The Importance of Education Short Film

                                             On with the Show

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).

This week I am glad to be able to say that I have finalised the cast in which I will be working with as both actors have informed me that they are definitely up for doing the film and I now decided on a date for the filming to take place which they have also agreed to but is now a matter of getting the legal permissions approved by the university to film on the university grounds with the cast and crew.

Personally I am hoping that there are no further problems with the cast members dropping out because I personally feel that these members are truly fitting to the roles. I will not be revealing in this post who the actual finalised cast members or crew are for their own privacy as I feel it is best to keep it confidential and professional.

I have been in touch with a student who has said that he will be able to possibly produce a film score soundtrack for my film should I need. His name will be available on request for tutors of the university only. This is good to know as a back up in case I have some issues or troubles finishing and creating my film score soundtrack music.

I have been visualising how the actors would interact with each other in the film and taken some notes of how the body language should be presented in order to communicate to the audience what type of person they are in the story (e.g: friendly, arrogant, selfish, awkward, shy and upset).

I have also changed and selected some better brand new copyright free music as a back up just in case I couldn't get the soundtrack finished on time. I have wrote some additional scene for the two actors for when we film that would do great as extra scenes to place within the film. This extra scene being a scene where the ex girlfriend of the main character is happily enjoying her time with her new boyfriend under a tree. This scene I feel will be good for the film because their new found glory will be the ultimate sadness for the main protagonist and will make the audience care about the main character and feel sympathetic for him which is important as the audience need to feel a connection and care about the character and what is happening in the film in order for it to be a film that people can relate to.

Other than that I have been working on completing the legal paper works such as the risk assessment, call sheet and location release form requests to send off for approval.  Then we can begin our first filming session which will be interesting and our first step towards the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment