Sunday 20 December 2015

                      The Importance Of Education - Script Expanding and Improving

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).

This week I have been taking upon me to include greater range in the story by including the characters Camila and her boyfriend in the story to have some dialogue and interaction with my character as I feel it will bring a dramatic feeling to the film and give the audience a nice control intermission from the constant narrator dialogue over the scenes style of directing.

I wanted to show that I can produce both types of film which I why I have made adjustments to the script in the way that if I couldn't get these shots for whatever reasons I will still be able to produce the original idea of the film I had in mind where the narrator's speech is placed over the top of the events happening in the student's life which is being shown visually.

I wanted to create an intense scene where the boyfriend and the guy who got cheated on in the story would meet to discuss and sort things out in a diplomatic way or at least try to and put the audience on edge and make them feel like a fight could start at any moment. I feel this would be exciting and makes the audience care and sympathise with the student character even further as it is important that the audience feel a connection with the character and the story.

I have also included in the script some new dialogue for the character Camila who is the love interest of the student and a scene of her confession of her love for him followed by a scene of her telling him that she has found another and breaking his heart.

Relationships are a common theme in life and I felt that although the film's main purpose is to exaggerate the importance of education in life, I also felt that the film could benefit from having a relationship element to it to draw the audience into the story.

I have been talking to three contributors, one male actor and one female actress who will ultimately make the love triangle element complete. I have also created some intense music for these scenes which I am looking forward to showing in my film providing it has the intended affect that I am searching for being of both heartbreaking and motivating at the same time as if the bad things that are happening to him are motivating him to action for a better good.


Harvard Referencing: Research

FilmSkills - How to Write a Script - Story Structure, 2008, 'Filmskills', [Video File], [Online], Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0yqUmedyOM [ 17/12/2015]



Making movie music - getting started, 2012, 'Neumannfilms', Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopdkBci3vs [Accessed 17/12/2015] 


No comments:

Post a Comment