Sunday 6 December 2015

                                             The Importance of Education
                                                Character Development

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).

Recently I have been working for other people's projects which weren't necessarily the original other people's projects I agreed to with the exception of one which was Callum Blitz radio drama project of the 'Tale Tell Heart' by Edgar Allan Poe where I played a voice actor of a removal man along with several other actors. This project is now completed and was in my original negotiated learning agreement but I have also completed two other projects which I believe serves as a form of research and personal practice for my own project as I was an actor in these last two projects.


The first film being a short film for Oliver Mays team in Television Production titled 'Junk Mail' I believe where I played 'Ian' who is a stressed business man called Ian who is down on his luck with work, life, love life and overall just negative outcomes in his life but the film shows how changing your mindset and outlook can help you to have a better life.


This film I felt was a great practice for the character I will play in my graduate project which is very similar to Oliver's project as it revolves around changing your behaviour and mindset in order to get back on track of life.


The second film project I was featured in was 'On the Edge' for Wing Tam's film group which I played the character of 'Oliver' who is a drug addict whose older self comes back in time to warns him to change his ways and not to influence his friend to become a drug abuser too.


I feel that this project as helped train me for the character I will play in my graduate film project about 'The Importance of Education' as it again was based on changing the outcome of ones future.


From here I have been developing my character for the graduate in terms of appearance and behaviour in two stages. I had been watching two videos online which had influenced me to focus now on the development our the protagonist in my story and how he will end up towards the end and what difference will be made in terms of character development. These two videos can be found at the end of this post in the Harvard references section.


 The two stages will be the beginning version of my character who is a failure who dresses with wool hat, hoodies and pretty much what you would expect a youngster to wear and then we have the developed version of the character that we see at the end of the film which is the business man, sharp and smartly dressed, reliable version of the character.  I feel this motivation is important for the audience to see character development to help assist getting the message across.



Harvard References

5 secrets to writing a bestselling novel - secret #2: creating memorable characters', (2013), 'Write to sell book' , [Video File], [Online], Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVjwUry2ZDk [Accessed 04/12/2015] 


Starting to write: developing character, (2012)  'Writing .ie',  [Video File], [Online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0VCBshzYk4 [Accessed 05/12/2015] 

No comments:

Post a Comment