Monday 14 December 2015

                              The Importance Of Education: Professional Practice

                                        Visual Concepts and Editing Training

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).

In this last week I have been making great use and practice with the practice test footage of scenes I recorded for camera shot ideas that I would use in my film. I have been using what I learned from the editing workshops in terms of colour correction and how to produce better looking visual elements.

I have been experimenting with the idea of 'Reflection' as being an area of the life of the student character in my story where he hits the crossroads and begins to reflect on the mistakes he has made and begins to realise what he should've done the first time around.

I thought what better way to show a sense of reflection than to use an actual visual representation of some sort of reflection. Normally the most easiest one to do would be a window and show his reflection but this felt almost too easy.

My second idea was to show his reflection in a cracked glass to represent that his life and soul has been smashed but then I thought of a more complicated idea but with a better result. I had made a puddle using several buckets of water and places this in the forest area and used the puddle to show his reflection.  This works greatly in the sense that he is now looking down on himself visually and then he walks away from his reflection because he doesn't like what he sees.

This idea of the water reflection came from to me from the film 'The Lion King' (1994) and I just thought that I simply have to have this motivational shot in the film.


I found similar videos that covered the similar techniques that I was taught in Adrian Butterworth's advanced editing classes which I felt I should do some extra studying and recapping on the techniques he mentioned.

I have started to refresh by doing some practice with the teaching materials in premiere pro and just getting used to the ins and outs of the editing process and shortcuts such as the I and O for in and outs and the three point editing system.

Harvard References: Bibliography

Mufasa's Ghost - The Lion King, (2011), 'Lionkingsongs', [Video File], [Online], Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_OMPrqhA_4 [Accessed 10 December 2015]


Getting started in premiere pro in 10 minutes, (2012), 'Softwaremedia.com', [Video File], [Online], Available at: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVR8S1-a6Ak [Accessed 10 Decomber 2015] 

No comments:

Post a Comment