Sunday 22 November 2015

                         The Importance Of Education - Casting and Location Decisions

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).


In continuation with my project I have been location scouting for interesting scenery and have come upon the idea of choosing the new forest as one of my locations as I believe I will be able to film great forest based scenery which will contribute nicely to the idea I have of using the trees as the visual representation of the obstacles of the students confusion and life. In other words, the boy trying to find his way through the woods is a lot like how it works in life when you are trying to find your way to light which in this case is the sun as in the sunshine through the trees.


I have also decided to use areas within the University provided I can get the filming permissions approved for it. I am thinking that the University entrance would be good for the in depth conversation that I want the student character to have with his love interest 'Holly' in the story.


I have been talking to several actresses and auditioning them for the role of this character. Casting is a big part I am working towards right now and I hope to also find a male actor to play the role of the guy who steals the students love interest away from him as the leading antagonist which makes the student start to question the motives of people around him as the antagonist is originally supposed to be the student's main friend which will ultimately become his worst enemy.


So far I am auditioning Char Frost and Becca Hyland and finding which characters would best suit them for this film.The places I search for actors are Star Now and Casting Call Pro and sometimes just typically searching my local area on the internet search engines like google and the word 'actors' or 'actresses'. My ultimate goal at the moment would be to define a script that features all the dialogue that I want to use in the film, a shot list, cast list, decide on all the locations I will use and get permissions for filming on the locations I choose.













No comments:

Post a Comment