Sunday 1 November 2015

                         The Importance Of Education Post 5 - Music Score

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).


In order to produce a music score that would best contribute to the motivational film I am creating, I felt that nothing makes people feel the importance of the message being told in my film better than making them feel emotions and the best way I felt to achieve this would be through the use of the visual elements being both dramatic and somewhat emotional along with a music score that makes the audience feel great emotions from sadness, despair, triumph, hope and relief.

I will take the audience on an emotional roller coaster but will free them at the end by showing how things can be reversed and corrected in order to get back on track in life. The music score artists I have been listening to and paying close focus on are 'John Barry' for his great use of emotional composition movie score music as heard in the soundtrack 'Born Free' as he makes fantastic use of brass and strings playing dramatic melodies designed to make the listener feel drawn in to the conclusion.











I also have chosen John Williams musical scores because he is a composer who I feel brings a great triumphant movie score themes to movies such as 'Saving Private Ryan - Hymn To The Fallen'. I personally love the uplifting strings and use of trumpet which I have come to symbolise as the instrument of triumph in my own personal opinion as it plays a very conclusion based sound, similar to the themes they play when they spread ashes at sea as a sign of respect for brave men who were killed in battle or war.






This combination is beautiful because it shows the two types of movie music I wish to make which are 'Sorrowful but also triumphant' which I believe is in sync and symbolises the message of ''Things may go bad but they can get better in time if you work and stay focused and most importantly, never give up''.  I will be looking into purchasing software in which I can create ny own film score music this coming week.  




No comments:

Post a Comment