Sunday 15 November 2015

                           The Importance Of Education - Pre-Production Stage

(Note: If you see any massive gaps in my blog this means there was a video there and it hasn't loaded on your browser, if this happens then please try reopening the blog in another browser option (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox or other).


It has come to the point where I am preparing my project for the actual production and therefore producing of the content stage. In doing so I have been attending Script Writing workshops with Resh Somauroo to refresh my mind about the concepts and structures that we should when writing a script.

An example of this would be how the story is laid out where you would have the opening where everything is normal then the problem area which is the middle and then finally the conclusion at the end where we learn the lesson and moral that the film was trying to pass on if any.


I was advised to attend a script clinic where I was asked to produce rough draft of my script which I have now completed and will be sending to them to get it tweaked and they can provide me with advice and guidance on how to improve my use of dialogue and other aspects of the story.



As far as workshops go I have been also attending the editing workshops with Adrian Butterworth who has given us a great inside look at using Premiere Pro and the tools we can use when it comes to editing our film. These would include 'White balance, title screens, colour correction, trim and pasting and matching bit rates.


I have been practicing with Premiere Pro with default footage from the teaching materials to get used to the system of how to edit using this software so that I can do a profession edit when it comes to my own project.



In the following workshops I hope to list the areas in which I feel I need to improve with so that I can go through them with Adrian and simply get trained in those areas. I have taken upon myself to also attend Guy Montrose's camera workshops optionally to gain extra knowledge about camera works and safety of equipment along with the techniques that can be used when creating motion picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment